We remind children every day to embrace creative risks, to “dare to fail gloriously.” By submitting your own words for publication, you model risk-taking for your students and share your story. Maybe another school person has wrestled with a dilemma you’ve confronted or wondered about how to manage a tricky situation you have puzzled through. Ultimately, your willingness to be a part of Well-Schooled is an investment in yourself and in others!
Please limit your submissions to 750-1000 words. Multimedia submissions are encouraged as well – pictures with captions, original designs, artistic expressions. Your submission should include an original photograph that works with your piece and adheres to your school’s privacy policies. Well-Schooled will not publish any material that casts the experience of learning in a negative light.
All submissions are reviewed, edited, and approved by Well-Schooled founders. Once you have submitted your copy, if your work is accepted for publication, we will email you with feedback, revision suggestions, and/or a permission form to sign and return.
Well-Schooled publishes first-person stories that fall into three broad categories:
- View From The Top: stories about leadership
- Heard In The Hallways: stories about teaching and learning
- The Wider Circle: stories about educational trends and the education community
- The joys and perils of leadership, teaching, and learning, in all forms
- Great professional development takeaways
- Spaces and how they shape learning
- A portrait of a great colleague or a student
- Interviews with individuals doing interesting work or projects in your school
- Your position on elements of school such as grades, accountability, community…
- Your Idea Here